Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sprouted Spelt Pancakes

Every once and a while I am in the mood for pancakes but I hardly ever eat them.  I avoid them because I always feel gross and super crampy afterwards. I decided to experiment with a few ingredients this morning and these were really great! They were the perfect consistency and I know that I am getting nutrients and beneficial fats and carbs from my breakfast. Here are my all vegan pancakes:



1 cup organic sprouted spelt flour
1 cup organic almond milk unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp of aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp cold pressed organic sunflower seed oil

Mix ingredients together and beat with a whisk. Use a small amount of coconut oil to line your pan and on a medium to high heat, pour your batter in large spoon fulls to the size you like your pancakes. When bubbling through, flip and cook on other side. About 3 minutes per side.

For topping:

Real deal Maple syrup. The real stuff that came out of the tree, not a corn syrup product.
add fruit ( optional)

 Delicious!!!!! And you don't have to feel gross.


No comments:

Post a Comment